Thursday 31 March, 2016.
Have you tried a mindfulness meditation?
A mindfulness meditation, mindfulness, benefits of meditation. Watch this free video or read the step-by-step guide and enjoy the benefits of meditation.
About Mindfulness Meditation
The primary focus of a mindful meditation is your breathing…
However, the primary goal is maintaining a calm, non-judging awareness, allowing thoughts and feelings to come and go without getting entangled in them.
The practice of a mindful meditation should encourage you to live mindfully.
Your stress will evaporate if you approach every part of your life with an attitude of mindfulness.
Some of us prefer to learn by listening and watching rather than by reading…
So I have included the following video to guide you through the meditation. However, if for some reason you are unable to – or prefer not to – watch the video, the simple steps are listed below.
This easy guided Mindfulness Meditation is presented by The World Wide Online Meditation Center. You can either watch the whole video or close your eyes and follow the voice.
Steps of a Mindfulness Meditation
- Sit comfortably, with your eyes closed and your spine reasonably straight. You can try one of the basic meditation positions.
- Pay attention to your breathing.
- When thoughts, emotions, physical feelings or external sounds occur, simply accept them. Give them the space to come and go without judging or getting involved with them.
- When you notice that your attention has drifted off and you are distracted by thoughts or feelings, simply come back to your breathing and continue.
Remember it is quite natural for thoughts to arise, and for your attention to follow them. No matter how many times this happens, just keep bringing your attention back to your breathing.
Benefits of this meditation:
- Stress reduction.
- Maintaining calm inner awareness and balance in the midst of any situation. I like to call this ‘living consciously instead of reactively.’
- A gradual shift to a higher level of consciousness.
- Increased insight & clarity.