Friday 22 March, 2019.
Are you wondering how hypnotherapy and stress relief go together?
Did you know that you can use self-hypnosis for deep relaxation, coping with anxiety and depression or changing to positive behaviour?…
What Is Hypnotherapy?Hypnotherapy induces an hypnotic trance which is a state of conscious similar to daydreaming. This state can be used to change patterns of behaviour and promote positive thinking. Hypnotherapy and stress relief falls into this category – you can teach yourself to reverse the body’s stress response.
While you are in a hypnotic state you are very relaxed and open to suggestions. One theory to explain this is that under hypnosis the conscious, rational part of the brain is bypassed (the left hemisphere) and the subconscious, non-analytical part (the right hemisphere) takes over. During hypnosis the practioner may ‘feed’ suggestions to your subconscious mind to overcome a specific problem, such as nicotine addiction or insomnia or a lack of confidence; or he or she might ask about past experiences to analyse current problems.
A hypnotherapist can take you into a state of deep relaxation; you can then use self-hypnosis to recreate this relaxed state when you are faced with stressful situations.
This is the part of hypnotherapy and stress relief that is most beneficial…
Most people can learn to hypnotize themselves…
- Find a place where you are unlikely to be disturbed and sit quietly or lie down.
- Relax and breathe slowly and deeply.
- Close your eyes and imagine yourself walking down a country lane, or descending a staircase, counting down from ten to zero as you go.
- Repeat positive affirmations to deal with your problem or stress, or listen to a prerecorded tape of yourself.
- Bring yourself out of hypnosis by reversing the method with which you entered the hypnotic state.
When in a state of hynosis (self induced or with a therapist), the mind is very relaxed and open to suggestions, offering you the opportunity to replace negative thoughts and associations with positive ones.
* Have a look at our free online hypnosis scripts for more help.
As time goes by, more and more success stories are being told about self-hypnosis – especially as a stress relief tool…
Do you have a story to tell?…
Any self hypnosis instruction that works well for you?…
We would love to hear it and share it with our other visitors…
Contact us and have your say!