Saturday 10 March, 2018.
Natural remedies for anxiety can be very effective. And have little side-effects.
I always like to try natural remedies for anxiety before going the “drug” route. Natural remedies really are powerful and are not addictive!
So let us look at natural treatments for anxiety…
We all have much reason to be anxious in this unsettled world. Our futures feel insecure and unpredictable – and that is what causes anxiety – worry about future events!
You cannot control the future but you can take steps to be calm now! And so be better able to make decisions regarding the future.
Causes Of Anxiety
Anxiety disorders come in two basic forms…
The chronic form involves a recurring sense of foreboding and worry accompanied by mild physical symptoms.
A panic attack, on the other hand, comes on suddenly and unexpectedly, with symptoms that are often mistaken for a heart attack or another life-threatening condition. There is sometimes a feeling of not being able to get a full breath of air. Physical symptoms of panic attacks come on suddenly and diminish suddenly and can be quite frightening.
Some research suggests that the central nervous systems of people with anxiety disorders may overreact to stress and take a longer time than most to return to a calmer state.
Symptoms may begin with an upsetting event – an accident, divorce, or death. And sometimes there is no obvious cause.
There may also be a biochemical basis. Studies have shown that people who are prone to panic attacks have higher blood levels of lactic acid, a chemical produced when muscles metabolize sugar without enough oxygen.
Other research suggests that anxiety may be the result of an overproduction of stress hormones by the brain and adrenal glands.
Natural Remedies For Anxiety
1. Herbal Remedies
- CATNIP tea has soothing effect, relieves anxiety.
- FENNEL tea relieves gastro-intestinal upset.
- KAVA tincture or capsules help minimize anxiousness.
- HOPS has a relaxing effect on nervous system.
- MOTHERWORT tincture helps stabilize emotions and has calming effect.
- PASSIONFLOWER is used in tea or as tincture to promote relaxation and calm.
- SKULLCAP tincture or capsules help relax and nourish nervous system and induce sleep.
- ST. JOHN’S WORT, tincture helps restore emotional stability and ease depression.
- VALERIAN tincture or capsules aid sleep.
Wondering what a “tincture” is? Click here to find out how to make your own!
2. Essential Oils
Commonly used essential oils for anxiety…
- Sweet Marjoram
More Useful Information
- And, REMEMBER, you can EAT stress-busting foods to help your system cope with the physical symptoms of anxiety attacks.
- Chronic stress is often caused by painful memories or hurt that we drag along with us. A self-directed visualization for cutting ties is a very simple and effective natural way to let go of distressing emotions that create unhealthy baggage.
- Breathing Exercises For Anxiety are a great stress reliever and help you take control when you feel the tell-tale signs of anxiety.
Try our suggestions for natural remedies for anxiety!
It is safer!
And costs less!
Real DIY stress relief for better living everyday
Pick of the Day!
- How To Use Colour For Your Home
- Feng Shui Bedroom Colour Colour
- Zen Mindfulness
- Funny Thought For The Day
- Self Esteem Quotes
Learn to use crystals and stones as energy transmitters of spiritual information and vibration. Discover the secrets of these powerful and dynamic tools by enrolling in this comprehensive online crystal course today! Learn more here.