Friday 25 March, 2016.
Natural remedies for warts, cause of warts, kinds of warts, home remedies for genital warts, home remedies for plantar warts.
Warts are rough, small tumors caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). They can appear almost anywhere on the body and can be contagious. Warts can last for years.
Your doctor may suggest laser surgery, cryogenic removal or even surgical curettage to remove warts. All of these procedures can be painful and leave scarring, so it makes sense to try natural remedies for warts.
There are three kinds of warts, all require different types of treatment. The kinds of warts include common warts, plantar warts and genital warts.
Common warts range from a tiny pin-head sized speck to the size of a medium coin. These warts can appear on the hands, feet, forearms, and face. the truth about common warts is that they generally go away on their own if left alone. But these warts do look unsightly and most people want to remove them.
Here are the most popular and successful natural remedies for warts that work on common warts:
- Apply Vit E directly to the wart, cover it with a bandage, repeat twice daily, and eventually the wart will disappear. This can take from a week to several months to work, so be patient!
- Put a crushed garlic clove directly on the wart and cover with a bandage. When blisters have formed (usually after about 24 hours) remove the bandage. The wart should fall off within a week.
- Rub the wart with a banana peel daily. it may sound unusual but many people swear by it. You can even apply banana peel directly to the wart and secure with tape. It can take several weeks for this natural wart remedy to work.
- Soak a cotton wool ball in apple cider vinegar and fix to the wart with tape. Leave on overnight, remove in the morning as the vinegar is acidic and can irritate the surrounding skin. Reapply every night. You should see results in a few weeks.
- Aloe Vera is a miracle plant. Apply the juice of the plant, or the oil, directly to the wart. Aloe Vera taken internally is an immune system booster and helps the body fight the viral infections that cause warts.
- Use over-the-counter medication. these contain salicylic acid and are safe and effective.
- Try duct tape! Duct tape is recognized as one of the effective natural remedies for warts. Place a piece of duct tape over the wart for several days. Replace the tape when it falls off, and wait for the wart to die. Some of the dead wart cells will come off with the tape every time you replace it.
- Vitamin C is a natural immune system booster, so consuming foods high in Vit C will help you fight the virus causing the wart. Some people have found it effective to apply Vitamin C directly to the wart as a topical treatment.
- Drink plenty of water. This is a good natural remedy for warts, and a general good-health practice.
Plantar warts are found on the soles of the feet and, like common warts, are caused by a virus. They are also contagious and easy to get from walking barefoot in a common shower or dressing room. So keep your feet covered if you have a planters wart.
The most effective step to rid yourself of planters warts is over-the-counter medication containing salicylic acid. For best results, use the medication as soon as the warts appear. Soak the foot in warm water first to increase the penetration of the medicine. put petroleum jelly on the skin surrounding the wart so that the medicine will not affect the surrounding tissue.
Genital warts are also caused y a virus and are transmitted by sexual contact. If you do have genital warts, it is important to avoid having sex until the wart is treated. These warts sometimes have a cauliflower shape. If you think you might have genital warts, it is very important that you see a doctor because they cannot be treated at home.
Most natural remedies for warts take time and patience. If you want a quick fix for your wart problem, a home remedy might not be for you. If so, ask your doctor about a faster treatment for your warts.