Friday 08 July, 2016.
Positive affirmations are quick mini-visualizations.
Very effective for daily stress relief and self confidence.
Try these great tips on visualization for personal growth and positive thinking.
Affirmations or mini-visualizations need to be short, personal and pertinant.
Add an affirmation to your morning ritual and see your day change.
About Positive Affirmations
What is an affirmation?…
It is a thought that helps you see yourself in a more positive light – and then act on that vision.
Positive affirmations are similar to cognitive therapy in that they help to correct distorted, self-deprecating thinking and encourage a positive attitude. In cognitive therapy you catch yourself using negative self-talk and make a habit of replacing it with positive thoughts.
Affirmations are more anticipatory – you decide how you want to feel before you are in a situation and then train your brain to feel that way…
Mind power, self-hypnosis… call it what you will…
It works and it is completely DIY!
You are about to sit for an exam or ask your boss for a raise or meet your future in-laws for the first time. You want to feel relaxed and confident…
Use positive affirmations to rescue you…
- Affirmations always begin with the word “I”, as in “I answered that exam correctly”.
- They should be positive: “I make a huge contribution to this business.”
- They should be definite – not “I hope I will like my new son-in-law” but “My daughter has good taste in men.”
- They should focus on the present – not “I am trying to control my temper” but “I can handle any situation without losing my temper.”
Here is a list of helpful affirmations…
If you don’t find one here that suits your needs, make up your own…
- I am lovable
- I am patient
- I am successful
- I enjoy my life
- I am intelligent
- I am forgiving
- I am generous
- I am playful
- I handle money well
- I am self-confident
- I feel comfortable on airplanes
- I am strong
- I use my time wisely
- I express myself well
How does it work?
We are not certain but a recently developed imaging technology – positron emission topography – shows that it doesn’t matter whether people actually perform an activity or just vividly imagine it. The same parts of the brain become fired up either way…
Look yourself in the mirror and repeat your affirmation 3x. Repeat during the day…
I have selected my favourite positive affirmation videos for you to watch. I hope you enjoy them and are inspired to use them often. Or make your own!
If you believe you are confident, you will feel confident.
Use positive affirmations to tell yourself whatever it is that you want to be, and it can be so!
And start living better everyday.
More Interesting Pages
- Positive Attitude Thoughts
- Positive Attitude Sayings
- Quotes On Gratitude
- Power Of A Positive Attitude
- 7 ways To Change Negative Thoughts
Pick of the Day!
- How To Use Colour For Your Home
- Feng Shui Bedroom Colour Colour
- Zen Mindfulness
- Funny Thought For The Day
- Self Esteem Quotes