The daily effects of stress on our physical bodies has a very real impact on how we feel about our lives.
Throughout life, the different parts of our bodies strive to work together in efficient harmony whilst reacting constantly to the demands made on them from within as well as from outside.
Many of these demands pose a threat to the body, and the body’s response to any perceived threat is to prepare itself for “flight or fight”.
Reactions To Stress
The first response is a reflex action in which the muscles become tense.
This is followed by a whole series of reactions described below…
The body’s response to stress includes…
- Increased Perspiration
- Muscle Tension
- Pulse Rate Rises
- Blood Thickens
- Cortisone Levels Increase
- Digestion Slows Down
- Breathing Speeds Up
- Sugar/Fats pour into the Blood to provide Fuel for Energy
Often the effect of stress on our bodies can mimic diseases. If the causes of the stress are not modified and the symptoms not managed then the feelings of ill-health will persist…
The GOOD NEWS is…
You DON’T have to suffer the effects of stress!
- Make a stress-reducing, relaxation programme part of your day (or night!)
- Try breath control as your first defense against stress triggers.
- Essential oils have so many more uses than you thought.
- Use your voice and tone yourself into a calm, centred state.
- And, massage is so effective as an instant stress reliever. Self-massage can take a few minutes!
- One of the effects of stress is insomnia! You really need a good night’s sleep to be able to cope with stress. Click here to learn more.
- Do you prefer a guided meditation for relaxing stress relief? I really like this product.
- Of course, there are many natural ways to deal with stress and to manage your health and wellness. I can recommend this site for lots of additional information. Click here to learn more.
by Deanna Reynolds
Mindful living is all about making conscious choices. Through a five-step process presented in this course, you will be empowered to consciously co-create new realities…. realities with a more positive, creative, and hopeful outlook and outcome. Learn more here.
Treat yourself or a friend to a Reiki gift!
Treat yourself or a friend to a Foot Massage gift!