Friday 25 March, 2016.
High blood pressure natural remedy, what causes high blood pressure, best natural home remedies, natural treatment for hypertension, natural stress relief tips.
Blood pressure refers to the force exerted by the blood against the blood vessel walls and high blood pressure, or hypertension, is one of the biggest medical challenges we face. High blood pressure is called the “silent killer” because it can damage many organs without causing any pain or giving any warning signs.
A blood pressure reading contains two numbers. The first number, which is usually the higher of the two, refers to the systolic pressure or the pressure when the heart is contracting to pump the blood out to the rest of the body. The second number is the diastolic pressure, or the pressure when the heart is resting between beats. It is essential to have your blood pressure measured by a health practitioner in order to determine whether you are at risk or not.
While we don’t know exactly what causes hypertension, we do know that it is primarily a lifestyle disease that is found almost entirely in developing nations. People who live in remote areas of the globe show virtually no signs of hypertension, nor do they have a rise in blood pressure as they age.
Treatment of Hypertension
There are a number of drugs that are used to control high blood pressure and sometimes there is no alternative but to take them. But there are side effects to all drugs and need to be considered together with your doctor.
Natural measures can be of enormous help in controlling hypertension, enabling you to reduce your medication and it’s side effects. If you are already on medication for high blood pressure, you should not stop taking it. Instead, in consultation with your doctor, try a high blood pressure natural remedy or two, and then after a sufficient trial period (maybe a month or two) get a blood pressure reading that will indicate if the natural blood pressure remedies are having an effect.
If you have a “high normal” reading, you are in a great position to benefit from a high blood pressure natural remedy.
High Blood Pressure Natural Remedy
- The first step in reducing hypertension is changing your diet, particularly if you are overweight. Studies have shown that weight loss was by far the most effective way to lower blood pressure. You don’t even have to get down to your ideal weight in order for this high blood pressure natural remedy to work. Even a small drop in weight can lower your pressure significantly. So don’t feel overwhelmed if you need to loose twenty or even fifty pounds: aim for five pounds and go on from there.
- A vegetarian diet has been shown to be a good preventative for high blood pressure. It is not necessary to become vegetarian if that is not your style, but you can adopt as many of the aspects of a vegetarian diet as possible. These include having more fruit and vegetables, more poly unsaturated fat, additional fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, magnesium, calcium, and potassium, reducing total fat, saturated fat, and cholesterol.
- Lower your fat intake. You can cut down on fat by eating less dairy food, less beef and pork, eliminating fried food, and avoiding commercial baked items and commercial salad dressings.
- Restrict your salt intake. And increase your potassium intake. Many people who are salt sensitive not only consume too much salt but get too little potassium. Eat more potassium-rich foods such as peas, peppers, eggplant, and pears.
- Adopt a high fiber diet. A diet that is low in fiber will promote hypertension, and other chronic ailments. Try oat bran cereal, or some other high-fiber cereal, for breakfast. Increase your intake of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grain cereals, breads, and pastas. Do not take fiber supplements if you have hypertension.
- Recent research has shown that celery is a good high blood pressure natural remedy. It lowers blood pressure by relaxing smooth muscles in the blood vessels themselves. Celery used to be forbidden to people with high blood pressure because of it’s high salt content, but it’s benefits are now recognized. Four stalks of celery daily will provide sufficient amounts of the required active chemical.
- If you drink alcohol, stop! Despite reports that moderate alcohol intake has a certain protective effect, it has been shown that if you drink alcohol, you are much more likely to suffer from hypertension. Fortunately, if you follow this high blood pressure natural remedy, the negative effects of alcohol on your blood pressure will disappear when you stop drinking.
- Exercise can be extremely effective in treating high blood pressure. So adopt an exercise program. Exercise not only has a physiological effect, it also reduces stress and is of enormous benefit to your cardiovascular system.
- If you smoke, stop! Smoking is very closely related to hypertension as nicotine stimulates the adrenal glands, which act to increase blood pressure. Smoking promotes high blood pressure and many other diseases.
- Stress control is a central high blood pressure natural remedy. Adopt a stress control program. Yoga, meditation and other relaxation techniques can have enormous benefits in all aspects of your life. Look here for more ideas on relaxation techniques.
- There are a number of supplements that can be helpful in treating high blood pressure naturally. In addition to your daily supplements, you can consider including:– Calcium: 1,200mg. of calcium at bedtime for a trial period of two months.
– Magnesium: 250mg. two or three times daily for a trial period of two months. If you see a reduction in your blood pressure reading, continue with the calcium and magnesium supplements; if not, discontinue.
– Coenzyme Q10: 30 mg. three times daily.
– MaxEPA: 1,000 mg. three times a day. This is a trade name for a fish oil preparation. We know that there is a connection between fish oil and the omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil and the regulation of blood pressure.
– Garlic: Increase your intake of garlic and other foods in the onion family. You can also try garlic supplements available in health food stores.
– Vitamin C: has also been found to be helpful in regulating blood pressure. The recommended does for a high blood pressure natural remedy is 1,000 mg. daily.
The above information can be at your fingertips in this great book!