Do you know what symptoms are caused by stress?
Friday 05 August, 2016.
How many signs of stress do you suffer from?
How often do you experience any of these physical or emotional responses to stress? Are letting stress affect your health? Can you recognize the signs of stress in your family members or friends?
Check our list of 50 stress symptoms.
The effects of stress are difficult to define because stress affects each of us differently. Things that are stressful for me might even be pleasurable for you. We also respond to stress differently. Some people blush, some of us eat more while others grow pale or eat less.
Have you ever thought that your irritating skin rash was a sign of some dreaded disease, only nothing helps it to clear?…
I break into itches regularly and thought that my days were numbered. But I have learned that this is my body’s way of responding to unmanaged stress in my life. It is very helpful to recognize stress symptoms and prevent unnecessary panic about your state of health.
Of course, the next step is to put a stress management plan into action…
And that is what our site is all about…
We are passionate about helping you to manage stress in a healthy way. Glance down our navigation bar on the left and click on what interests you.
Or go to our site map where you will find loads of information to help you on your way.
Have a look at the following list of some 50 common signs and symptoms of stress.
50 Stress Symptoms List
- Frequent headaches, jaw clenching or pain
- Insomnia, nightmares, disturbing dreams
- Gritting, grinding teeth
- Frequent crying spells or suicidal thoughts
- Difficulty concentrating, racing thoughts
- Stuttering or stammering
- Trouble learning new information
- Tremors, trembling of lips, hands
- Forgetfulness, disorganization, confusion
- Neck ache, back pain, muscle spasms
- Ringing, buzzing or “popping sounds
- Difficulty in making decisions
- Light headedness, faintness, dizziness
- Feelings of loneliness or worthlessness
- Feeling overloaded or overwhelmed
- Little interest in appearance, punctuality
- Obsessive or compulsive behavior
- Frequent blushing, sweating
- Cold or sweaty hands, feet
- Overreaction to petty annoyances
- Dry mouth, problems swallowing
- Nervous habits, fidgeting, feet tapping
- Frequent colds, infections, herpes sores
- Increased frustration, irritability, edginess
- Rashes, itching, hives, “goose bumps”
- Unexplained or frequent “allergy” attacks
- Increased number of minor accidents
- Heartburn, stomach pain, nausea
- Rapid or mumbled speech
- Social withdrawal and isolation
- Increased smoking, alcohol or drug us
- Excess belching, flatulence
- Reduced work efficiency or productivity
- Constipation, diarrhea
- Lies or excuses to cover up poor work
- Difficulty breathing, sighing
- Chest pain, palpitations
- Sudden attacks of panic
- Excessive defensiveness or suspiciousness
- Increased anger, frustration, hostility
- Problems in communication, sharing
- Frequent urination
- Excessive gambling or impulse buying
- Poor sexual desire or performance
- Constant tiredness, weakness, fatigue
- Excess anxiety, worry, guilt, nervousness
- Frequent use of over-the-counter drugs
- Weight gain or loss without diet
- Depression, frequent or wild mood swings
- Increased or decreased appetite
It is obvious from the above list that stress can have wide ranging effects on your emotions, mood and behavior.
Equally important but often less appreciated are effects of stress on the various systems, organs and tissues of your body – have a look at our effects of stress diagram.
Stress symptoms are your body’s cry for help – whether it be physical symptoms of stress, emotional or psychological.
Which signs of stress attack you when you are not coping?…
Contact us if you need suggestions or want to share your experience. We would love to hear from you.
Our Favorite Stress Relief Techniques
- Alan really enjoys using breathing techniques combined with a simple meditation to keep his signs of stress under control. He also enjoys a good laugh.
- And Margo finds that practicing zen mindfulness is her greatest stress management tool.
Go from Signs Of Stress List to More About Stress
Go to DIY Sress Relief Home
Pick of the Day!
- How To Use Colour For Your Home
- Feng Shui Bedroom Colour Colour
- Zen Mindfulness
- Funny Thought For The Day
- Self Esteem Quotes