Thursday 28 May, 2015.
Ylang ylang essential oil uses, about the ylang ylang tree and flower. Aromatherapy essential oil guide and recipes for aromatherapy oils.
About Ylang Ylang Tree and Flowers
The essential oil of ylang ylang is extracted from the fresh flowers of the ylang ylang tree, by a process of steam distillation. Scientifically, the ylang ylang tree is called Cananga Odorant and is an inhabitant of the rain forests of certain Asia-Pacific Islands like Indonesia, Philippines, Java, Sumatra, Comoro and Polynesia.
It is used extensively in the manufacture of perfumes, due to its very pleasing and delicate fragrance And is also used very effectively for aromatherapy healing.
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Uses
- Nervous ConditionsYlang Ylang has a calming and ant-depressant effect. It fights depression, restores balance and calm, and eases anxiety. It works well for treating anxiety attacks, rapid breathing, panic and shock. It also works well as a sedative and induces a feeling of relaxation.
- Relieve Negative EmotionsA few drops of this essential oil in a diffuser helps to relieve anger, negative emotions and stuck energy associated with frustration and rage.
- Skin Ylang Ylang is known for it’s skin enhancement properties. It is used very effectively for treating skin conditions like seborrheic eczema. It works by balancing the secretion of sebum in the skin, and is therefore great for oily or dry skin conditions. This essential oil also has a stimulating effect on the scalp, and is often used to help hair growth.
- Antiseptic Use on wounds to inhibit bacterial infection and to disinfect.
This oil is excellent for lowering blood pressure. Hypertension, or high blood pressure is fast becoming a lifestyle disease and using essential oils as an alternative, or in conjunction with, allopathic medication makes great sense.
Help Cupid to help you relax and enjoy a healthy love life in a healthy relationship. Set the scene with a few drops of Ylang Ylang in a diffuser. Interestingly, this oil is used to balance male and female energies so that one can achieve an individual state of harmony.
- Spiritual Balancing
Ylang Ylang affects the heart chakra. A few drops gently massaged into the heart area helps to release negative emotions such as low self-esteem, anger or jealousy. And aids with building confidence and spiritual awareness. use this oil if you feel spiritually drained. It helps to balance mind, body and spirit.
How To Use Ylang Ylang
- Apply 2 – 3 drops directly to your temple for relaxation, to your heart area for spiritual balancing or any other location for antiseptic purposes.
- Add to a carrier oil in a blend with other oils and use for aromatherapy massage. Use to help with insomnia, anger, frustration, tension and stress.
- Add a few drops to clear aqueous cream and blend into a cream to help with oily or dry skin.
- Add a few drops to a hot bath to release tension.
- Use a diffuser with a few drops of the oil to help relieve tension, anxiety and depression, and just for general relaxation.
Ylang Ylang works well in a blend with other oils. Use it in small amounts as it is very fragrant.
More Useful Information
- Aromatherapy Essential Oil Reference Guide
- Essential Oil Synergies
- Aromatherapy Bath Blends
- Top 10 Essential Oils List
- Essential Oil Recipes
- Essential Oil Uses
- Essential Oil Mood Mixtures
- Essential Oils Travel Kit
- Cleaning With Essential Oils
- Essential Oils for Feet