Monday 21 March, 2016.
Essential oil blends are easy, fun and very satisfying to make. Choose your favorite aromatherapy oils and learn how to make effective mixtures to relax, revitalize, refresh and heal!
About Essential Oil Blends
By mixing 2 or more essential oils you are creating a chemical compound that is different from any of the individual parts and has a unique effect.
These synergistic blends are very particular and powerful.
A diffuser in an open work space, with a few drops from one of these recipes, is a stress buster of note.
How To Make Essential Oil Blends
The idea is to mix the three oils together, resulting in a 30 drop mixture, and then use as directed.
- Office stress essential oil blends:
Try any of the three recipes…
1. 9 drops Bergamot, 11 drops Geranium, 10 drops Ginger.2. 7 drops Neroli, 3 drops Lavender, 20 drops Lemon.
3. 15 drops Grapefruit, 11 drops Rosemary, 5 drops Palma Rosa.
See which aroma you prefer and use in a diffuser or room spray.
- For those anxious moments try a blend of…
10 drops Lavender, 10 drops Geranium, 10 drops Palma Rosa.
- When depression sets in use…
15 drops Geranium, 5 drops Lavender and 10 drops Bergamot.
- When your nerves start giving you digestive problems, a combination of…
15 drops Coriander,10 drops Grapefruit and 5 drops Cypress will get you regular again.
- Sore stiff muscles… Spoil yourself with an oil bath using this blend…
10 drops Lavender, 10 drops Rosemary, 10 drops Cypress… and feel the stress ease away!
- If you’re just plain tired…
10 drops Lemon, 5 drops Clary Sage, 15 drops Lavender …will perk you up.
- Stress making you irritable – even with the dog?
10 drops Nutmeg, 8 drops Sandalwood and 12 drops Petitgrain.
2 drops of this blend on a tissue will make irritability a walk in the park.
- Bad headaches?…try…
10 drops Lavender, 10 drops Chamomile and 10 drops Geranium.
- And if you can’t get to sleep, set up a diffuser in your room and use a few drops from a blend of…
9 drops Marjoram, 8 drops Vetiver, 14 drops Lemon.
- Try this easy recipe for soaking your aching feet at the end of a long day…
10 drops Peppermint essential oil, 1 teaspoon Jojoba or oil of your choice and 1 cup sea salt.
Combine well and add about 2 tablespoons to a foot bath.
Soft, refreshed feet!
- If your stomach gives you problems when travelling… Dissolve one drop of Peppermint mixed with a teaspoon of honey in hot water. Sip before you leave the house and it will be sorted out.
- Try this face moisturizer recipe…Add…
10 drops Rose, 5 drops Chamomile, 5 drops Lavender and 5 drops Lemon to 30ml of almond or hazelnut oil, apply to damp skin, massage the oil in. Dab face with a tissue until excess oil is removed.
These blends can all be used in various ways but the only way to find out what works for you is by experimenting with the different methods and even make up a few yourself.
More Useful Information
- Essential Oil Recipes
- Essential Oils For Feng Shui
- Essential Oil Notes
- Essential Oil Synergies
- Smell and Aromatherapy
- Essential Oils Travel Kit