Tuesday 09 August, 2016.Essential oil uses, essential oil blends, about aromatherapy, simple essential oil recipes for you to use everyday. Learn how to mix your own remedies.
There are a number of ways that you can enjoy essential oil uses…
The oils can be inhaled, massaged into the skin or used in a bath. You choose what appeals to you!
Scent preferences are often highly personal, and if you have a smell disorder, you can still use massage or bathe in the oils to achieve some of the benefits of aromatherapy.
Candles, incense, and potpourri are some of the more common methods used to inhale the fragrances, but diffusers are among the most popular.
How To Blend Essential Oils
- When blending oils it is best not to use more than three oils at a time.
- As a general rule, use 1 drop of essential oil to 2 ml of carrier oil, or a maximum of 1 drop to 1ml of carrier oil.
- For bathing, use a maximum of 8 drops.Run the bath. Add oils and close the door to stop vapors escaping. Relax for at least 10 minutes whilst breathing deeply. For a great moisturizing bath, add the essential oil to a tablespoon (15ml) of almond oil.
- To inhale as a vapor…Pour hot water into a bowl and add 2 – 3 drops of oil. Cover your head with a towel and, with your face about 250cm away from the bowl, close your eyes and breathe deeply for about a minute.
- On a tissue or handkerchief, use 1 drop and sniff when required.
- When showering, use a maximum of 8 drops… Wash as usual. Then add the essential oil to your face cloth or sponge and rub yourself briskly while standing under the water and breathing the aromatic steam in deeply.
- Add 2 – 6 drops in a foot spa and soak for 20 minutes.
- Make your candles into an aromatherapy experience… Light the candle and wait for the wax to melt. Add 1 – 2 drops to the warm wax. Bear in mind that essential oils are inflammable so be careful not to get the oil on the wick.
- Use 4 drops per 300ml of warm water for room sprays… Using a new plant sprayer, fill with warm, not boiling water. Then add the essential oils and shake before using. Spray in the air or on carpets and curtains, but avoid wooden furniture.
- Try a stress-relieving a sitz bath… Use 2 – 3 drops. Run a bath to hip level and swish the water thoroughly so that no globules are left on the surface. Sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Change the atmosphere of a wood fire at home by adding 1 drop of either Cypress, Pine, Sandalwood or Cedarwood to a log a half hour before lighting and notice the difference. One log per fire will be sufficient. This is one of my favourite essential oil uses.
- I am particularly fond of diffusers and have one in my office and my therapy rooms. The idea of a diffuser, is simply to heat the oils allowing their molecules to be released into the air. Diffusers are available from most health shops and you’ll find them in clay, glass or metal. I use a clay one filled with pure Himalayan salt crystals next to an Ionic salt crystal lamp, and here 1 – 6 drops would work well. This diffuser is a good size and nice quality…
Or try experimenting with one of the following synergistic blends.
More Useful Information About Essential Oil Uses
- Your Essential Oils Store
- Aromatherapy Essential Oil Reference Guide
- Aromatherapy Stress Relief Blends
- Aromatherapy Bath Blends
- Top 10 Essential Oils List
- Peppermint And Lemon Aromatherapy Foot Bath Recipe
- Essential Oils And Skin Care
- Essential Oil Blends for Anxiety
- Your Best Essential Oil Stories