Friday 16 November, 2018.
Foot self massage; easy relaxation technique for stress relief; simple 10 minute step-by-step how to treat yourself; best ways to manage stress.
Feet are often ignored or even disliked, which is a pity because they are really wonderful things. You will be amazed at how rejuvenating and energizing a foot massage can be. Follow this simple foot self-massage sequence and this might just become your best way of coping with stress.
Ten Minute Soak
If you have time, a great way to prepare your feet for a foot massage is to put 3 litres/6 pints of warm water into a large bowl. Add 4 drops Rosemary essential oil and soak your feet for ten minutes.
This is a great way to relax your feet and legs at the end of a long day – easy relaxation techniques!
Foot Self Massage Balm
Use 20ml/4 teaspoons grapeseed carrier oil; this is not too greasy and will leave your feet feeling soft and smooth. Add 6 drops Rosemary and 4 drops Lemon essential oil.
Foot Self Massage – 10 Minute Exercise
Spend 5 minutes on each foot. Work on the right foot first.
- Take 5ml/1 teaspoon foot massage balm and apply it quickly all over the surfaces of the foot.
- Using the heel of your left hand – the soft pad at the base of your palm – rub up and down under the arch of your foot several times.
- Use the same part of the hand to make circles over the heel and under the ball of the foot. These movements will feel good as they stretch all the little bones.
- With one hand on each side, use both your hands to rub the upper surface of the foot.
- Now massage each toe individually from the tip downwards, giving each toe a little stretch at the end.
- Finally, use both hands to stroke the upper and lower surfaces of the foot at the same time. Work from the tip of the toes towards the ankle and back several times. This really warms the circulation.
- Repeat the whole sequence on the left foot.
Foot massage is very soothing to give and to receive. It also has extra benefits – by massaging over the surface of your foot you are giving gentle stimulation to reflex points used in reflexology, which benefits the whole body.