Sunday 12 January, 2020.
A foot massage is not only relaxing, it also relieves the posture and the back.
Learn how to treat yourself and have a great stress relief tool at your finger-tips…
Relax the foot completely!
- Start by soaking your feet in a bowl of hot water or a foot spa if you have one…Treat yourself – add one drop of peppermint essential oil. This helps with circulation and has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
- Close your eyes, breathe deeply, and relax your body for about 20 minutes.
- Dry each foot thoroughly by wrapping it in a towel and squeezing it all over.
- Squeeze the calf muscles to relieve stiffness then rotate the ankle five times in each direction. Stroke around the ankle bone with your thumbs and fingers. Hold the foot between both hands for about a minute to soothe it.
- Using a firm press-release, (petrisage) motion work alternative thumb pads rhythmically over the surface of the foot, starting at the ridge at the base of the toes and work to the outside edge of the heel.
- Support the foot with one hand, and with the other thumb pad, make tiny circles from the top of the arch to the inner edge of the heel. Repeat three times.
- Make a loose fist with one hand and hold foot firmly with the other. Firmly slide your knuckles from the outside edge of the heel to the base of the toes. Do this three times. Now gently stretch, pull and rotate each toe between the thumbs and index finger.
- To end the massage, briskly rub your feet to revitalize the energy.
And now try it on a friend!